Creamy brussel sprouts

Brussel sprouts are definitely a love it or hate it kind of veg. I definitely hated them until I came across this recipe. I made it for my family at Christmas and even my sister (a fellow hater of brussel sprouts) loved it. In fact she loved it so much she made me make it for her again! Its a fairly simple recipe and will go down a treat! Check out my instagram page (cocktailsbeforecake) for the video!
Ingredients 

750 gm of brussel sprouts
300 ml double cream
2 cloves crushed garlic
4 rashes of bacon (chopped)
salt and pepper to taste


Method

1. Boil the brussel sprouts for 7-10 minutes. The brussel sprouts should be firm and still have bite to them.

2. Mix the cream, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. 

3. Lay the bacon and brussel sprouts in a baking dish and pour the cream mix over the brussel sprouts and bacon. 

4. Bake at 180c for 40 minutes. Garnish with a little bit of parmesan. 

Top tip- you can add some chopped hazelnuts or flaked almonds on top for a bit of crunch! 

Comments