Let's kick this off with a cocktail!

Greetings! This is my first blog ever and its very exciting for me! My sister is an avid blogger and suggested I start a blog to get some of my recipes out there. Now there are more than enough recipe and cooking blogs out there so what's one more eh?! Over the past few years I have been trying new recipes and experimenting with different ingredients (not all of them have been successful)! Each recipe has pushed me to try something new and I am excited to share them with you! I particularly love trying out different cocktail recipes although most of my cocktail recipes are born out trying to finish of the booze from an earlier party! This blog isn't just about cocktails and cakes, there will be some savoury items too! 

I am usually torn between getting either a mimosa or a cupcake and if calories weren't a factor I would definitely get both and probably seconds too! As the name of the blog is cocktails before cake, I thought I would start off with a cocktail recipe! 

This is possibly one of my favourite cocktails and its really simple. I've used variations of this recipe to suit whatever booze I have at home or whatever fruit is in season. My friends love this drink and consume it by the litres! I love pears for this recipe but it works equally well with lychees, blueberries and peaches. So here is how to get to the Pear-ly gates (yes, its cheesy, I know!).

Ingredients:

1 can/425 grams of pears 
1 can/330ml of ginger ale
1/2 bottle/350ml of Prosecco
1 cup/250ml of vodka

Process:

1. Make sure all the ingredients are chilled. Blend the pears, liquid from the can and the vodka together.
2. Pour into a serving jug and add the ginger ale. Pour the Prosecco to top up each glass. 

Top tip: For a summer drink add half a cup of Pimms and half a can of ginger ale to the mix. Garnish with strawberries and cucumber slices and you have a turbo Pimms! Warning: This drink is very mellow and easy drinking. Your guests may get tipsy before they know it!


Photography is not my strongest skill- it looks a bit '80s! Hope you guys try this and let me know what you think! Oh and of course, please drink responsibly! 

Comments